Law Of God
Old Testament people were saved by grace, just as God's people are today. The Bible aslo tells us that the Law of God (the Ten Commandments) still remain binding today, and all who love God will seek to obey them.
01. When was the very first sin?
14 I ordained and anointed you as the mighty angelic guardian. You had access to the holy mountain of God and walked among the stones of fire.
15 “You were blameless in all you did from the day you were created until the day evil was found in you.
16 Your rich commerce led you to violence, and you sinned. So I banished you in disgrace from the mountain of God. I expelled you, O mighty guardian, from your place among the stones of fire.
02. What does the Bible say sin actually is?
1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God.
If Lucifer sinned against God in the very beginning, and sin is described as breaking God's Ten Commandment Law, then God's Law must have pre-existed in heaven even before the creation of the earth!
03. Who wrote the Ten Commandments for Israel?
When the LORD finished speaking with Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, written by the finger of God.
04. How important did God say the Ten Commandments were?
38 “Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord.
39 When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the LORD instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do.
40 The tassels will help you remember that you must obey all my commands and be holy to your God.
05. How important to God was it that the children of Israel to remember and keep His Law?
5 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.
6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.
7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.
8 Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.
9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
06. Are the Ten Commandments reliable?
Psalms 111:7, 8
7 All he does is just and good,
and all his commandments are trustworthy.
8 They are forever true,
to be obeyed faithfully and with integrity.
07. Did the Psalmist think the Ten Commandments were important?
(The Entire Chapter)
08. How will keeping the Ten Commandments affect our lives?
1 My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
and your life will be satisfying.
3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
4 Then you will find favour with both God and people,
and you will earn a good reputation.
09. What conclusion did the "wisest man who ever lived" (Solomon) draw?
That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.
10. What did Jesus say regarding obedience to the Father in heaven?
Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
11. What did Jesus say we must do to receive eternal life?
“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question--if you want to receive eternal life, keep the commandments.”
12. Can God's Law ever be changed?
But that doesn’t mean that the law has lost its force. It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the smallest point of God’s law to be overturned.
13. How do we show our love to Jesus?
If you love me, obey my commandments.
14. Did Jesus keep the Ten Commandments?
When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.
15. Which is more important: God's Law or man's law?
But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than any human authority.
16. (Part 1) What was the reason for the giving of the Law?
For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.
17. (Part 2) What was the reason for the giving of the Law?
God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant.
18. What is the relationship between God's Law and God's Grace?
Romans 6:14, 15
14 Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.
15 Well then, since God’s grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not!
19. How does the concept of love relate to God's Law?
Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.
20. How do we receive the Law of God?
But this is the new covenant I will make
with the people of Israel on that day, says the LORD:
I will put my laws in their minds,
and I will write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
21. Are all of the Ten Commandments equally important?
James 2:10, 12
For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.
22. What does the Bible tell us we must do in order to "know" God?
1 John 2:3, 4
3 And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments.
4 If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth.
23. How does God respond when we make efforts to keep His Law?
1 John 3:22
And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him.
24. How hard is it to keep the Law of God?
1 John 5:3
Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome.
26. What is one of the characteristics of God's last day church?
And the dragon was angry at the woman and declared war against the rest of her children--all who keep God’s commandments and maintain their testimony for Jesus.
27. What does the Bible tell us we should do while waiting for His return?
This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.